Big City Volleyball's Annual Rally To Defeat Hunger Food Drive will take place November 13th thru November 22nd
Please join Big City Volleyball in our annual food drive, Rally to Defeat Hunger, to help end hunger in New York City by rallying your teammates and donating nonperishable food Items to those in need this holiday season!
It's simple, we are asking all Big City Ballers to bring nonperishable food items to their activities at the gym and we'll deliver everything to City Harvest, New York City’s and the world’s first food rescue organization who helps feed the nearly 1.4 million New York's facing hunger each year.
*Between November 13th and November 22nd,
League Teams: Teams with the most food to donate will get first choice of Serve / Side or Receive during the captains meeting. You can simply have your team captain present the donation to the ref to determine who gets first choice.
Open Play Players: During Open Play November 13th - 22nd
Clinic Participant Players: The top three players per session who bring the most nonperishable food items will receive a complimentary Open Play pass!
• Friday class, you will have the chance for donation Nov. 17th
• Saturday class, you will have the chance for donation Nov. 18th
• Sunday class, you will have the chance for your donations on Nov.19th!
Below are foods that are needed: (No glass, please! Glass items can chip and break easily in the bins)
• Non-perishable foods
• Canned proteins (tuna, salmon, chicken, peanut butter) peanuts, etc.
• Canned fruits (pineapples, peaches, and pears)
• Grains (pasta, whole wheat pasta, rice, brown rice, macaroni and cheese)
• Low sodium/ No salt added canned vegetables (mixed, green beans, corn)
• Canned Soups (beef stew, chili, chicken noodle, turkey rice)
• Multigrain cereal (Cheerios, Corn Flakes, Grape-Nuts, Raisin Bran)
Lets Rally to Defeat Hunger!